Chang Shik Shin, Esq. graduated from UCLA where he obtained a Certificate in Business Administration and BA in Comparative Politics and from UC Hastings Law School where he obtained JD. Chang has successfully represented both international and domestic corporate and individual clients in various U.S. District and State Courts in the complex commercial and intellectual property disputes and helped various business and venture start-ups and emerging growth companies as general counsel in the Bay Area, Southern California and internationally. Contact Us Today! firstname.lastname@example.org 415-788-7446
SHIN LAW FIRM, San Francisco, CA
Litigation: Bar Association of San Francisco Lawyer Referral Panels case: successfully represented plaintiffs in commercial collection case, obtained and collected judgments.
Local Business Torts: successfully defended torts action involving health studio and obtained no-reservation defense and settlement from insurance carrier.
IP disputes: successfully defended and settled commercial and IP disputes.
Business and Intellectual Property: assisted the startup company in San Francisco for the protection of employment intellectual property matters and the company was acquired thereafter.
BASF Lawyer Referral Service General litigation, Business and Real Estate panels.
Litigation & General Counsel
* Commercial Litigation: as Litigation Director represented and directed commercial dispute case with Bingham McCutchen and won the defense verdict involving multi-million dollars commercial disputes.
- General Counsel and Corporate Broker: assisted the Sperry Van Ness regional office for 3 consecutive years achieving national top sales transactions (over $100 millions); developed and negotiated strategic alliance, joint venture & corporate partnership; organized and directed the subsidiary and affiliate corporations; oversaw and advised new business ventures; assisted and documented corporate, financing, acquisitions, employment and intellectual property matters.
Litigation & General Counsel
- Intellectual Property Litigation: successfully defended patent infringement lawsuit in pleading stage in federal district court.
- General Counsel: assisted the Bay Area digital player company from startup to emerging growth company with annual sales over $100 millions: organized, financed and maintained global parent and subsidiary operations; oversaw and documented corporate governance, board of directors, in-house, employment, intellectual property and commercial transactions.
General Counsel/EVP: incorporated single-crystal startup venture, reviewed and managed patent portfolio; developed strategic alliances and marketing partners.
Litigation: Commercial and Intellectual Property Litigation:
- Represented agent of LG Electronics in international commercial dispute (LG Electronics, Inc., et al. v. Solomon Technology, Inc.) and won defense verdict involving over million dollars dispute at Central District Court.
- Successfully defended preliminary injunction motion filed by national brand company in trademark infringement action at Central District Court.
- Represented commercial collection matters at district courts.